Your Family Friendly Holiday
Fantastic Family Friendly Holiday Cottages in the Somerset Countryside.
Space to play and explore, farm animals to meet....we're a great escape to the country for the whole family!
Each cottage is fully equipped and comfortable to ensure a happy family friendly holiday. If you are coming as a large group, we have our communal family space to enjoy. Just a stone’s throw from the cottages so you can relax with your friends and family in the evening in front of the log fire with a glass of wine, while your children are safely tucked up in bed. For your peace of mind, all our cottages have baby monitors (on request), fire alarms and child locks on upstairs windows.
Our cottages are perfectly set up to accommodate your children. We can provide, on request, the following..
- Baby Monitors
- Travel Cot
- High Chairs
- Stair Gates
On the farm:
There is lots to keep everone entertained on the farm – we have a huge, all-weather games barn offering skittles, basketball, badminton, table tennis, table football, and snooker/pool.
- Bring scooters and bikes for wet days – the barn has plenty of space to whizz around.
- Feed the chickens and collect eggs for breakfast.
- Feed and stroke our friendly, tame sheep – Bob & Sheepy, and the rest of the gang.
- Brush Fat Boy, the pony – he rather likes being fed apples or carrots!
- We’ve got two dogs – Basil & Polly who enjoy playing and chasing sticks.
- If you’re lucky, you also get to feed our pigs.
- Escape or play hide & seek in the orchard.
- The young children's play area with willow den and arch and a mud kitchen is perfect for pre-school kids and allows parents to relax in the gardens while they play.
- Build dens in our nature area.
The local area:
We are very fortunate to have plenty to do in the local area for the whole family. Our local RSPB sites have walking, bug hotels, hands-on activities and nature trails.
We have lots more ideas of things to do in our blog post here.
The pace is slow, just perfect for you to unwind and spend time as a family together. So if you're 1 or 101 there's something for everyone at our family friendly holiday cottages.