Dog-Friendly Holiday Cottages in Somerset
Dog-Friendly Holiday Cottages at Walkers Farm
It's so important to us to offer dog-friendly holiday cottages here at Walkers Farm. We've always loved dogs and have Polly and Basil, who are a huge part of our family. So we know when you come on holiday, you'll want to bring your dogs also.
We have 3 dog-friendly holiday cottages, meaning you won’t have to leave your four-legged friends at home. Plus with 100 acres of gardens, farmland and orchards to enjoy, we think we're a doggy paradise!
Our large secure games barn is ideal for people and dogs to relax and play if it is wet outside.
Look out for mid-week doggie holiday promotions that we run at certain times of the year!
To keep our cottages at a high standard, we have a few 'doggie rules' for guests who are bringing their four-legged friends.
- When booking please let us know how many dog's you are bringing.
- Please keep your dogs off the furniture and out of the bedrooms, unless you have clean blankets that can protect the furniture.
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottages, as they can get stressed and scratch the doors / walls etc. If you need to leave your dog behind we have a large kennel which you can use. We can also recommend a local doggy day-care or local dog walkers.
- Please bring your dog beds and leads.
- Please take the dogs away from the gardens, around the farm to mess or pee. If your dog messes around the cottages and gardens please clear it up. We provide a small shovel to pick up any mess which can be put under the hedges (great natural fertiliser and also reducing the risk of giving the sheep worms). We try to reduce our use of plastic so this works most effectively.
- Make sure your dogs have received some form of parasitic control before coming. This will reduce the cross contamination of worms to the sheep and other animals.
- We ask that muddy dogs returning from walks in the fields are washed off (we provide a hose pipe) and dried (we provide dog towels) before entering the cottages.
- We have 100 acres of farmland to explore and the local moors are beautiful easy walking, we can provide maps and directions. Please be mindful of animals in the fields, if you aren’t sure that your dog will not chase the sheep please keep them on the lead. Also we have ground nesting birds near the ditches, so please keep control of your dog’s.
We can provide routes and maps for gentle strolls around the farm or longer walks across the moors. Please ask and we will be happy to help you plan your adventures.
We hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy exploring the local area with your four legged friends. We've written a blog too which you might find useful. You can read it here.