Disabled Friendly Holiday Cottages
Walkers Farm Cottages have been welcoming guests with reduced mobility for over 15 years to our disabled friendly holiday cottages.
Our disabled friendly holiday cottages:
The Hackney Stable is a wheel chair accessible cottage M3 with:
- Ground floor cottage with level access
- Wide doorways
- Open planned living space with tiled floors for easy manoeuvrability with wheelchairs or walking aids
- High sockets,
- Roll in wet room,
- Grab rails in wet room
- Movable beds which can be raised if a hoist is required.
- Accessible parking on level block paved access,
- Level garden and patio area with garden furniture.
The Tallet Cottage is M2 graded:
- All on 1 level but 4 steps into the cottage, with hand rail
- Carpeted throughout but no trip hazards, for easy manoeuvrability with walking aids
- Open plan living space with plenty of room in the large bedroom for
- Small bathroom with shower above a bath, grab rails near shower and toilet
- This cottage is a pet-free cottage is ideal for people with pet allergies.
The Dairy & Parlour cottages:
- 3 steps into the cottage, (no handrail)
- Bedrooms and shower room (with small step into the shower) on the ground floor
- Stairs with handrails up to the large open plan living, dinning, kitchen area and bathroom.
- Flooring upstairs wooded and downstairs tiled throughout with no trip hazards
- Child safety locks on the up-stairs windows
Over the last few years we have been specializing in groups who take all four cottages. Families with elderly parents, or disabled members - we aim to cater for all guests needs.
We are happy to help with preparing for your holiday, we can show people around before the holiday so you can plan, we can also provide accessibility information on local places to visit and places to eat. The British Red Cross and Hickleys Healthcare hire equipment which can help while you are staying in our cottages.
To make life easier we provide:
- Portable shower chair
- bed-sides to aid moving up the bed and sitting up
We do have gravel walk ways around the cottages and between the function room, gardens and games barn, We are aware this is more difficult for people with reduced mobility and is something we would like to address in the future. we do provide parking close to the cottages, gardens, games barn and function room to aid movement around the site.